Thursday, January 8, 2009

Ben's Proposal

So my good friend Ben from high school (...that I never seemed to be able to beat back in the wrestling days) proposed to his girlfriend Chase yesterday and I got to shoot every little moment. OK, so here's what went down:

1. Ben calls me about taking some pics when he pops the big questions
2. We scope the spot out a few days before and devise a plan to capture the moment
3. The big day arrives
4. I pose as some random dude about 20 yards away behind a bush taking pictures of the "sunset" with a monster zoom lens
5. Ben rocks his guitar and asks the question on a 100 ft. ledge ( I guess it was a backup plan if she happened to say no...)
6. She says YES
7. It is revealed I was a photo sniper on the hunt

Awesomeness!




What-what, check out the bling!




In the next two pictures it almost look like they are overlooking the ocean or something but it's actually the cloud cover in the central valley. Totally awesome view above the clouds, nasty weather below! You can even see the coastal range far in the background of the pictures. Gorgeous!!




I wish you both the best in all your future adventures and can't wait to see you guys again!

4 comments:

|| davidjay || said...

Gorgeous shots!

Anonymous said...

thank you SO much for doing this!
truly means a lot!
they are BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Jeff Starbuck said...

Hey Derek, great work! And congrats on the engagement (a few months late)!

Anonymous said...

from mother of the soon to be bride--Chase immediately directed me to your site and I so enjoyed looking at these photos..you captured the moment and I enjoyed reading the story behind the shots. Thanks so much for taking these---take care,,,,Chase's mom-Betsy B-K